Friday 3 October 2014

Food Friday - Just One Pound?

We’ve all been there!

Had a REALLY good week!

Stuck to the diet!

No munchies!

Get on the scale and …

What???

Just one pound???

Makes you think that it probably
isn’t worth the effort – huh?

Think again!

Dear Dieter,

Hello!  Do you know me?  If you don’t, you should.  I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet.  Want to know why?  It’s because no one ever wants to lose me!  After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. 

Just ONE pound.

Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one pound.  So, because I do not want to disappoint you – I’ll just stick around.  Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice … that is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight.

Yes, it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT.  Left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead … just keep on saying, “Oh I only lost one pound.”  (As if that is so terrible?

For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around with me because they think they are also not worth losing.  And, we LOVE being around you … your arms, your legs, you chin, your hips, and every part of you.

Happy days!

After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!


                                                                                                Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment